Sunday, August 31, 2014

Oldman River Rambling

K. was feeling sick so I took the kids for a half day ramble in the Cottonwood Park Saturday to our private beach... we didn't see another soul for a few hours.
I warned Nicolas about snakes and he kept (mostly) off the grass
In the willows
Gabby veut sortir!
Our private beach (for the day)
Nicolas hiked the entire way
One proud little man


Nicolas paddling
The water looked reasonably clean so Sunday Nicolas and I tried out our new Sveylor inflatable Kayak. It wasn't quite the Amazon but the kayak held up (one of the selling points of the boat was that some guy had paddled the entire length of the amazon in one of these boats!)

Boat selfie

Nicolas paddling in shallow water (I had to walk at this point to get us afloat)

Pelicans! We also saw a deer and a crazy running marmot from the boat.
Our inflatable Sevylor! The guy that paddled the Amazon must have had a good patch kit...

No comments: